Essential oils heal – we all know that. But a fact that escapes our purview is, not all essential oils heal. Yes, only therapeutic-grade essential oils can help in coping with the health challenges of the body. And therapeutic-grade essential oils need to be well manufactured (at low temperature and controlled pressure) to heal naturally. The highest quality of essential oils should be raw, pure and unadulterated (with fragrances) to heal in their natural states. To produce a pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil, monitoring should happen right from the plant in the field to the extraction and preservation process. Proper species growth, growing conditions, harvesting and distillation methods – everything, till the testing of the final product, should be monitored.
Why therapeutic grade essential oils? There are reasons behind emphasizing the importance of therapeutic grade essential oils. This is because only real essential oils are effective and produce the right kind of therapeutic remedies. Using perfume-grade oils or other fragrances mixed with drops of essential oils will not just spoil your health but can also cause skin infections. To avoid trouble, use oils that are unadulterated, clear and without any additives.
Some manufacturers tend to blend pure oils with inexpensive vegetable oil blends. Since it is difficult to find out between therapeutic grade oils and such vegetable oil blends, buy your essential oils from an authorized and reputed aromatherapist. Never allow any room for synthetics, vegetable carriers or extra fragrances in your oils. It is better if you can perform a laboratory test using Gas Chromatograph (GC) and Mass Spectrometer (MS) on your essential oils before buying them.
Below are a few reasons on how pristine quality essential oils help with health challenges in a better way:
1. High oxygen to cells: Pure, therapeutic grade essential oils deliver high levels of oxygen to cells creating an atmosphere where pathogens cannot survive.
2. Rich in antioxidants: Essential oils are rich in antioxidant properties which make them infection-resistant and health-prone.
3. Negative-ion environment: Oils create a negative ion environment which are inimical to pathogens and other disease-causing agents
4. Immuno-stimulators: Many essential oils are immuno-stimulators which boost up a weakened immune system and help with the proper functioning of the body. High altitude Lavender, Lemon are such immuno-stimulator oils.
5. Anti-germ properties: Most of the essential oils are antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic in nature. This helps eliminate the possibility of infections from microbes.
6. Ability to break blood-brain barrier: Aromatic oils like Lemon, Frankincense and Sandalwood have sesquiterpenes – chemical constituents which have the ability to break the blood-brain barrier and treat diseases instantly.
7. Electrical frequency: Properly extracted essential oils have electrical frequencies which raises the body to a higher frequency level, making it disease-free. Rose oil is such a high frequency oil.
8. Endorphins for well-being: Almost all essential oils stimulate the release of endorphins which create a sense of joy in the body. The endorphins achieve this by relaxing the body and relieving physical and emotional stress.
9. Natural chelators: Most of the therapeutic-grade essential oils are natural chelators which have the capacity to drive toxins (metallic elements) out of the cells. Helichrysum oil is a good example.
10. Vital nutrients: All essential oils deliver oxygen and other vital nutrients to malnourished cells to create a sense of wholeness and well being. In brief, they set off healing in the most natural ways possible.