Fear is a constant in the lives of many people. Some people can be easily frightened so much so that almost anything can make their blood run cold. Living with phobias and fears will paralyze your day to day life and completely annihilate your sense of happiness in the long run. A life of panic is worse than a life of disease and all those who have had several panic attacks would know what is meant here. There are several therapies to treat fear and most of them are psychological, involving help from a psychologist. Though this therapy helps most of the time, there are times when the patient becomes completely dependent on his or her psychotherapist. This is dangerous as absence of the therapist can set off another series of panic attacks in the patient. It is during these times aromatherapy can help. Essential oil blends can act on the limbic system and relax your tensed nerves, thereby, relieving you for fear and loneliness.
Aromatherapy for treating fear: Essential oils cannot offer a complete cure for fear. But they sure can help by providing a temporary relief to the situation. Below are a list of essential oil blends which can assist in relieving you of fears and phobias:
1. Fear Relief Blend 1: This blend is ideal for use in times of fatigue and depression. If you are down in the dumps because of your fears, you should never think of anything but this blend. Add 3 drops of Grapefruit with 2 drops of Bergamot and use it in your diffuser, bath water or as massage oil.
2. Fear Relief Blend 2: If you are extremely nervous or panicky and in dire need of relaxation or peace of mind, you can use this blend. Combine 2 drops of Clary Sage with 2 drops of Roman Chamomile and 1 drop of Vetiver to get this aromatic blend.
3. Fear Relief Blend 3: This Jasmine blend is aromatic and invigorating. Add 2 drops of Jasmine or 2 drops of Neroli with 2 drops of Frankincense and 1 drop of Clary Sage. Use the blend as diffuser or add it in bath water. You will feel relaxed and calm after inhaling these aromas.
4. Fear Relief Blend 4: This is a simple blend, but is most effective. Add 3 drops of Sandalwood with 2 drops of Orange and use it in bath water or in massage oil preparation.
Aromatherapy for loneliness: Loneliness is often a cause or a byproduct of fear. If you are afraid to the core, you also feel lonely and dejected to your wit’s end. Try the following blends to treat loneliness:
5. Loneliness Blend 1: Add 1 drop of Rose with 2 drops of Frankincense and 2 drops of Bergamot. Rose activates and uplifts your spirit, making you feel more sociable and lively.
6. Loneliness Blend 2: This blend too involves Bergamot. Take 2 drops of Bergamot and combine it thoroughly with 3 drops of Clary Sage. Ensure that the ingredients are blended well and then use via diffusers or add in bath water.
7. Loneliness Blend 3: It’s Bergamot again. If you feel fatigued, lonely and depressed, then this blend is the ideal recipe. Add 2 drops of Roman Chamomile to 3 drops of Bergamot and mix it with your bath water or massage oil preparation.
8. Loneliness Blend 4: Frankincense can also lift your spirits and make you more jovial and friendly. Add 2 drops of Frankincense with 3 drops of Clary Sage and use it in your diffuser or add in your bath water.
You can use the above blends as diffuser blends, massage oils, bath oils, bath salts or air fresheners. You will need the following quantities of the blend for use – 20 drops for diffuser oils, 15 drops for bath oils, 5 drops for bath salts, 10 drops for massage oils and 30 drops for air fresheners.