Bathing can be really blissful if you know how to add essential oils to your bath. It not just cleanses of all our accumulated pollution but also heals a lot of ailments, helps cure sleep disorders, smelling bodies and tightened muscles. A bath is a great way to kickstart your day or pamper your fragile ego. You can use bathing to create a perfect evening with your partner or rest in deep sleep at night. The uses of bathing with essential oils are plenty and this article will elaborate on how to make most of bathing using essential oils.
Bathing with essential oils: You need to use essential oils depending on the type of bath you are in need of. This means, if you want to activate your muscles or relax your body, you should use particular essential oils that would invigorate or relax and not otherwise. Here are some ideas to surround yourself in a soothing and relaxing water environment:
1. A morning bath: If you are into the habit of bathing yourself in the morning, you can add a few essential oils like Peppermint, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Fennel, Clary Sage, Black Pepper, Jasmine etc. Your morning bath is to kickstart your day. So, make it as invigorating as possible – keep it at a temperature of 70 to 80 degrees F and then, add 6 to 7 drops of essential oils. If you have bright or sunny plants or flowers in your bathroom, it would be a great boost to your day. Never listen to cheery music or the early news in your morning bath. It would be good if you are focused on only your bath and nothing else.
2. To pamper yourself: If you have a bruised ego or want to get rid of all the bashing you had to go through the day, this should be your ideal bath. Heat the bathwater up to 95 to 100 degrees F and add 6 to 7 drops of the following essential oils – Lavender, Melissa, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Neroli, Bergamot, Juniper etc. Use soft lighting – just a few candles – to make your water environment better. You can listen to songs that would cheer you up. But don’t opt for sad melodies. Since this is about feeling centered, it is better to unplug your phone and other distractions.
3. For relaxing muscles: If you have had a long, tiresome day, a good way to treat yourself is to have a relaxing bath. Better if you take a cooler bath of about 98 to 99 degrees F and take a long soak. Better if you have low lights and remove all sorts of distractions. Unplug yourself from everything when you take this bath. Once the bathwater is drawn, add 6 to 7 drops of the following oils – Basil, Neroli, Marjoram, Ginger, Black Pepper, Rosemary etc.
4. For a perfect evening with loved one: If you want to have a perfect romantic evening with your loved one, aromatherapy can be one of the best ways to get into mood. A bath can be an interlude to an intimate evening and you can even ask your partner to join you in the bath. Add the following oils to your bathwater at a lukewarm temperature – Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Petitgrain, Sandalwood and Carnation. Keep the lighting very low and scatter rose petals in your bath tub to make the environment more romantic.
5. Get ready to sleep: You can use bathing to even induce sleep. If you have a nice bath, you will surely not only take care of your hygiene, but also be gifted with a relaxing bath. Make your bath at about 98 to 105 degrees F and add the following essential oils – Melissa, Lavender, Chamomile Roman, Clary sage, Petitgrain, Frankincense, Neroli etc. Wallow in water for about 15 minutes and then, go to sleep. You will experience a deep sleep after this relaxing bath.