Holidays are times for fun and frolic. We want to be in our best during holidays as it is the season of year to celebrate with friends, family and loved ones. Holidays can be sober or boring to some. This maybe due to lack of motivation or the cancellation of an exotic holiday plan or inability to get together with friends and loved ones. Whatever be your plight, holidays are meant for enjoyment and you should not miss the holiday spirit even if you are single and not near dear ones. You can maximize your holiday mood with the use of essential oils. Pure oils of the floral or earthy kind can uplift your mood and motivate you to have fun even it means holidaying within the four walls of your apartment.
Holiday and seasonal essential oil blends: Like holidays, seasons too affect our moods and mental dispositions. Autumn and Winter, especially, can take their toll on us and make us sober and uninteresting. To set things right and enjoy life as usual, you can use holiday or seasonal essential oil blends. Below are a list of holiday/seasonal blends that may help you rejuvenate yourself:
1. Christmas Tree Blend: Christmas is a season of joy and happiness. It is a time for sharing love and expressing concern toward others. How would you able to enjoy the spirit of the season, if you are down in the dumps? This Christmas blend will uplift your mood and persuade you to experience the season with an open heart. Combine 5 drops of Spruce oil with 3 drops of Fir needle, 3 drops of Pine oil and 2 drops of Cedarwood. If you want an exotic yet mellow scent, add a few drops of Juniper oil to the blend.
2. Angel’s Breath Blend: During Christmas, we look at things with a religious fervor. This blend will enhance your trust in God and make life pleasant and meaningful for you. Its aroma brings in peace and prosperity in the mind. Add 12 drops of Lavender to 6 drops of Sweet Orange, 4 drops of Chamomile, 4 drops of Ylang Ylang and 3 drops of Sandalwood oil. Combine well and use the blend in a diffuser.
3. Frankincense Holiday Blend: For warm, rich and spicy aromas, use Frankincense oil with Myrrh. Add 5 drops of Frankincense oil, 5 drops of Myrrh, 5 drops of Cedarwood and 5-10 drops of Orange to a dark, amber bottle and shake well. When the oils are blended well, pour them into a diffuser and use.
4. Frankincense and Fir Holiday Blend: Frankincense always carries with it a traditional aroma. Its very scent brings back to the mind things that are religious, old-time or historically significant. Above all, Frankincense is all about sprightly moods. If you think the above Frankincense-Myrrh blend is a bit earthy, try this one. Add 2 drops of Frankincense oil to 2 drops of Fir Needle oil and 1 drop of Grapefruit essential oil. Mix well and use in a diffuser or air freshener. This blend is ideal for invigorating your home or holiday cottage atmosphere.
5. Sugar and Spice blend: This blend is perfect for Thanksgiving. It makes your entire room sweet and aromatic. Add 10 drops of Orange, 5 drops of Ginger and 8 drops of Cinnamon with 1 drop of Nutmeg. Mix in a dark colored bottle and use in your room diffuser.