Atlanta Friday May 4th 2018 - Visit HSCG Show Exhibit Area
Cocktail Party at Georgia Aquarium - ROOM at Hilton
Ouch, it hurts! Nothing can be more annoying than a severe pain in the tooth. You would barter anything for it as toothache can be simply irritating and often debilitating to anyone who has been through it. What more, your oral hygiene determines your entire body’s hygiene. If there is something wrong with your oral health, it is an indicator that something is wrong or going to be wrong with your body. Poor tooth and gums need medical attention and nutritional supervision.
Essential oils can be extremely helpful in maintaining oral hygiene. Aromatherapy can help kills germs, treat tooth and gum disorders and aid one in maintaining a sweet smelling breath. Below are a list of remedies on what to do when you have toothache or occasional sore gums or in case of a foul breath.
1. Mouth Rinsing: If you have pain in your teeth, rinse with the following essential oils – Myrrh, Chamomile, Peppermint, Tea Tree oil etc. To prepare a recipe, simply add 1-2 drops of essential oils in 2 oz of warm water and gargle in your mouth. Repeat several times a day to alleviate the pain.
2. Toothache oil: Use the following oils and prepare a toothache oil recipe – 1 tbsp of Carrier oil, 6 drops of Tea tree oil, 4 drops of Chamomile oil, 2 drops of Myrrh and 2 drops of Peppermint. Blend all the oils together and shake well before use. Apply one drop of the blend in the aching tooth and surrounding gum.
3. Clove oil: Clove oil is often used for toothaches. Add a drop of Clove oil to a cotton ball and apply to the pain area or press against the gum of the affected tooth. You can also replace Myrrh if you have mouth sores. To use Myrrh, use 1-2 drops of with warm water and rinse the mouth with it several times a day.
4. Simple Mouthwash: Foul smelling breath can create a bad reputation for you in the society, among your peers, colleagues and friends. To create a simple refreshing mouthwash, add 4 drops of Lemon with 2 drops of Peppermint in 2 cups of distilled water. Shake the blend well and swish a mouthful for about one minute and spit out. You will feel refreshed after this mouth rinse.
5. Therapeutic Gum Mouthwash: This therapeutic gum mouthwash can treat your gums from becoming sore and painful. To prepare this blend, add 6 drops of Myrrh with 10 drops of Tea Tree oil, 1 drop of Peppermint, 3 drops of Lemon oil, 1 teaspoon of Almond oil and mix together. Apply a small amount to the gums once a day and rinse your mouth with it everyday. If the sores in your mouth or pain in your teeth does not heal, check with a dentist.
6. Breath Refreshing Mouthwash: Add to 8 oz of water 2 drops of Myrrh, 2 drops of Tea Tree oil and 1 drop of Peppermint. Mix everything together and swish in your mouth a small amount of the blend. Keep the blend in a plastic jar or glass bottle away from the reach of pets or children.