Who said aromatherapy is all about healing or scenting your room? You can use it for anything, even for making extraordinary gifts that would be loved by your friends and family members. Aromatherapy essential oils come with cleaning properties. Using this aspect of the oils, you can make home cleaning domestic products that would be both aromatic and clean well. This article will offer domestic gift ideas using essential oils.
Aromatherapy domestic gifts: Think of a factory-manufactured household cleaning product. It comes with a lot of chemicals and is not made of natural substances. Aromatherapy cleaning will be a completely different experience from ordinary cleaning. Domestic products made using essential oils will mostly be pure, non-chemical and natural in composition. Below are a few domestic gift ideas:
1. Window cleaning: Window cleaning soaps often have a strong, synthetic fragrance which maybe or may not be to your liking. When you make a window cleaner using essential oils, you get a natural substance that is both aromatic and safe to use. You will need the following ingredients to make this aromatic window cleaner: juice extracted from a lemon, 2 cups of club soda, ½ tsp of Peppermint oil, and 1 tsp of Cornstarch. Stir the lemon juice into the cornstarch. Do this slowly and steadily in order to avoid lumps and also add club soda and Peppermint oil to the mixture. When the blend is done, store in a glass atomizer or spray bottle. Spray on windows and polish dry.
2. Domestic cleaner: This is a recipe for cleaning your house in the natural, disinfectant, aromatherapeutic way. You get an exotic fragrance that refreshes and adds joy to your living environment. Get ready the ingredients: Sweet Orange oil, Clove oil, Cinnamon leaf oil, 1 tsp washing soda, 2 tsp borax, ½ tsp liquid soap or detergent and 2 cups of hot water. Combine all the ingredients in a spray bottle directly. Shake well to dissolve and blend properly. Use it when you know the blend is complete. You can spray on to a dirty surface for 15 minutes before wiping it off. This cleaner has antiseptic qualities and leaves a great fragrance in your home atmosphere. This recipe was originally formulated by Barbara Lucks.
3. Air Freshener: Air fresheners are nothing new to aromatherapy. Essential oils make the best air freshener blends and this recipe is one such aromatherapy blend. Add 20 drops of Lavender to 10 drops of Lemon, 6 drops of Bergamot, 5 drops of Lime and 5 drops of Grapefruit. Mix all the ingredients well and pour into spray bottle with water. If required, you can use Polysorbate to help water and oils mix.
4. All-Purpose Cleaner: This is a recipe for every cleaning job. You can use it for cleaning your kitchen sink, for toilet cleaning and even for dirty surface wiping. Add 5 drops of Lavender, Lemon and Pine oil in a spray bottle with a squirt of liquid soap. Spray on to the surfaces you want to clean and start cleaning. The end result will be an aromatic, well-cleaned surface.
5. Kitchen/Toilet Cleaners: This is ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms. Add 2 drops of Rosemary with 4 drops of Lemon, 3 drops of Eucalyptus and 4 drops of Lavender. Mix the ingredients well and pour into a spray bottle. Spray on to surfaces and start cleaning. You can also use Polysorbate to mix the ingredients well.