4 Gallons Vegetable Glycerin (VG) $9.96 per gallon - 32lb Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) $38.16 - Stackable Soap Drying Tray $22.55 - 5lb Organic Shea Butter $9.58
Asthma can be very debilitating. There are about 20 million asthma patients in the United States and every year, the record of asthmatics keeps growing. Blame it one pollution like dander or dust, blockage or inflammation of lungs can make breathing difficult for asthma patients. In order to avoid an asthma attack, asthmatics avoid smoke, cold air, strong smells and other dust. To cope with such asthma attacks, asthma patients adopt to drugs and oral medications that help treat the symptoms and cure the condition. Through dilation of bronchial valves, the drugs help patients breathe easy too. But all these come with a heavy price – side effects. Using aromatherapy for asthma will avoid all these side effects and research has proven that essential oils can also allow people to let go of prescription drugs.
Aromatherapy for asthma: Essential oils have a calming and relaxing effect on the body. They are also antispasmodic which help asthmatics gain emotional balance and breathe easy through bronchodilation. But what makes aromatherapy more special? It is has NO side effects, whatsoever. If you worry about how asthmatics (who react to drugs) can use scents, massage the oils on to the body. Massaging helps in fast absorption of the oils and also, helps in relaxation of the respiratory muscles. But never practice any of these therapies before asking your doctor or without consultation from a trained aromatherapist.
Below are a few oils which can be used to treat asthma:
1. Clary Sage oil: This is one of the best oils which has a warming and sedative effect on the body. It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties to help treat asthma quickly.
2. Ginger oil: With the scientific name Zingiber Officinale, Ginger oil lends a warming effect. It also has expectorant and stimulant properties.
3. Frankincense oil: An uplifting oil, Frankincense helps with its anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties.
4. Geranium oil: This oil is known for its antispasmodic properties. It is also comforting and uplifting to asthmatics.
5. Lavender oil: Lavender is known for its calming and relaxing effects. Anti-inflammatory and sedative properties of the oil help a lot with asthmatics.
6. Marjoram oil: The warming effect and antispasmodic properties of the oil aid help in relieving asthma symptoms.
7. Peppermint oil: Peppermint is extremely useful on account of its refreshing, antispasmodic, decongestant and expectorant properties.
How to make the essential oil recipe: Once you have finalized your list of essential oils, you need to prepare a recipe with essential oils and carrier oils. Make your choice of carrier oil, like Sunflower oil, Sweet Almond oil, Soy oil, Grapeseed oil and others. Then, combine the selected essential oil with one of your carrier oils and rub it on to the chest to relieve congestion and tightness. Use 20 ml of carrier oil with 10 drops of essential oil (at a ratio of 2.5 percent solution).
If you like it, you can add 5 drops of the following into your essential oil blend – Thyme Linalol, honey myrtle, ravensara, Roman Chamomile – in a carrier oil of 10 ml of Echinacea-infused oil and 15 ml of cold-pressed peach kernel oil. Rub this blend on to the neck and chest twice a day. It will alleviate the symptoms and remove the blockage in the lungs.