Atlanta Friday May 4th 2018 - Visit HSCG Show Exhibit Area
Cocktail Party at Georgia Aquarium - ROOM at Hilton
Latin Name: cedrus libani, cedrus spp, othuja occidentalis, t. spp
Alternative Name: cedar, tree of plife, arbor vitae -thuja occidentalis, yellow cedar -t. occidentalis
Forms Available: essential oil, twig, leaf
Cedarwood- cedrus libani or cedrus spp. – A Druid sacred herb. Also known as Cedar, Tree of Life, Arbor Vitae -Thuja occidentalis, or Yellow Cedar -T. occidentalis.
Ancient Celts on the mainland used cedar oil to preserve the heads of enemies taken in battle. The wood of the Atlas Cedar subspecies is distilled to produce the essential oil.
Aromatherapy & Health Uses: Bronchitis; Catarrh; Acne; Arthritis; as a Diuretic; Sedative; Antiseborrhoeic.
Cedarwood oil possesses emmenagogue properties and aids in womanly concerns helping in regulating the menstrual cycle by opening up blocked menstruation and it strengthens the uterus. It acts as an excellent health tonic suitable for all. It serves as an Ayurvedic medicine to treat arthritis, restlessness and nervous breakdown. It is widely used in the manufacturing of perfumes, disinfectant cleaners, sprays, aftershaves, cleaning oil, panel closets, cigar boxes and insecticides.
Yellow cedar is used by herbalists to treat bloody cough and heart weakness. Simmer two teaspoons per cup for twenty minutes and take it cold in one-tablespoon doses, three to six times a day. It is used internally and externally as an antifungal, the dry powder is excellent for Athlete’s foot.
Other Uses: Cedar smoke purifies the home. Use it in smudge sticks, incense and sweat lodges. The scent is said to enhance psychic powers. Use for: Purification; Health and Healing; Luck; Good Fortune; Happiness; Banishing; Releasing; Exorcism; Money and Riches.
Thought for the day:
- Aromatherapy and Subtle Energy Techniques: Compassionate Healing with Essential Oils
by Joni Loughran, Ruah Bull
- Aromatherapy For The Emotions by Kylie Thompson
- The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Julia Lawless
- Essential Oils For Hair: A Simple Guide & Introduction To Aromatherapy (Essential Aromatherapy Oils For Natural Beauty) by Susan Henny
- Ayurveda & Aromatherapy: The Earth Essential Guide to Ancient Wisdom and Modern Healing by Dr. Light Miller, Dr. Bryan Miller
- Cedrus Deodara by Wikipedia
- A review article on the Phytochemistry and pharmacology of Cedrus Deodara by the International Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and research
- Chemical composition and the Larvicidal activities of the Himalayan Cedar, Cedrus Deodara Essential Oil and its fractions against the Diamondback Moth, Plutella Xylostella
- Phytochemical analysis, anti proliferative against K562 human chronic myelogenus leukemia, antiviral and hypoglycemic activities of Cedrus species