In this modern world of complexities, we rush to do things. We do everything in such a rapid pace that we forget even to take care of ourselves. Result: One fine day, our body revolts to keep up to our speed and breaks down, refusing to cooperate further. We become deceased and resort to medications. It is then that we realize that we have missed several things in life. We realize that we have failed to lead a holistic life and instead, concentrated on pursuing only goals, ambitions and dreams. But then, it maybe too late for us to start afresh. We may have to accept our condition and become a chronic victim of diseases.
Aromatherapy and Essential Oils: Aromatherapy is all about holistic living. A medicinal system that is as old as life on earth, aromatherapy cures people through essential oils. Essential Oils are basically plant extracts that are obtained from a wide assortment of plants. Everything including stem, bark, roots, flowers, fruits, or whole plants are cold-pressed or steam-distilled to prepare essential oils. These extracts are highly concentrated and help in physical, emotional and psychological well being of people. These extracts are often the life-blood of plants, protecting them from diseases, infectious attacks and enhancing their immune system. They do the same with humans.
Essential Oils and ailments: Aromatherapy uses essential oils in treatment of different types of ailments from treating pains, aches, injuries and discomforts to relieving depression, anxiety, stress and nervousness. Essential oils are extremely useful in causing a sedative and soothing effect on people, bringing in relaxation, happiness and peace to even the most restless mind.
Below are a few uses of essential oils in treating health-related ailments and conditions:
1. Topical antiseptics: Essential oils are topical antiseptics that treat cuts, wounds, insect bites, reptile attacks, bruises and gangrene. They were used for these purposes right from ancient times. The ancients applied essential oils in treating war bruises of soldiers.
2. Muscular problems: Healing oils or plant extracts can be used in treating muscle related disorders or ailments like muscular pain, stiffness, rheumatism and muscle spasms.
3. Hair fall: Plant extracts are useful in controlling hair loss in people. There are plenty of oils which help in nourishment of thick and healthy hair.
4. Blood circulation: Essential oils used in massages treat poor circulation problems and regulate blood circulation throughout the body. Through this, they stimulate and energize the body.
5. Dental hygiene: Gangrene or other such conditions in teeth can be treated with oils. Some plant oils also act as good mouth fresheners, fighting bad breath and bacterial conditions.
6. Fungal infections: Skin care or topical problems can be eliminated by use of essential oils. Aromatherapy can reduce common skin allergies through application of certain plant oils.
7. Digestion and Nausea: Problems related to digestion like flatulence, nausea, heartburn, indigestion, vomiting or diarrhea can be treated through aromatherapy.
8. Impotence or sexual dysfunction: Problems related to sexual dysfunction in men or women can be cured with essential oils. Vaginal Candida can also be treated with such plant extracts.
9. Fatigue: Over-tiredness, chronic fatigue or constant dehydration or drop in energy levels can be reduced with use of essential oils.
10. Depression: Oils are a great cure for treating depression, anxiety and other related problems. With their soothing and calming effects, they relax the mind and eliminate stress from the human system.