With aromatherapy, you can try almost anything. Apart form self and family use, essential oil recipes can be made into personal gifts and gifted to near and dear ones. Friends and family members who have not had a taste of aromatherapy can be given gifts made from essential oils like shaving cream, scrubber, bath salt, mouth freshener, soap etc. and introduced to the benefits of aromatherapy. This article will provide a few essential oil recipes that can be used to make personal care products.
Aromatherapy gift ideas – Personal Care: Before trying out each and every recipe, make sure that you know about each and every essential oil you use, their aroma profiles, notes, chemical and physical properties and the healing benefits they offer when diffused, massaged or used as bath water. Similarly, while choosing oils for blends, try with a small amount of the oils to avoid waste of money or time if your oils turn out bad. Work with oils that lend a beautiful aroma and also have a soothing effect on your body.
1. Skin soother: If you are one who thinks salt scrubs are too hard or rough for you, try this skin soother blend. You will avoid the salt scratches and will also get rid of dead skin. To make the skin soother, mix a generous scoop of brown sugar with two drops of Sandalwood oil. The aroma will be smooth and relaxing. Gently rub the scrub on the skin and wipe out dull winter or dead skin cells.
2. Shaving soap: All your male friends would love this. You can try different blends and make a shaving soap gel that is aromatic and at the same time, antiviral and antimicrobial. Try this shaving soap recipe: ½ cup of grated soap, 2/3 cups of distilled water (boiled), 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil, 3 tbsp of Almond oil, and 1 tbsp of borax. Dissolve the soap in water and put in blender. Add all the remaining ingredients and whip till you get a fluffy consistency. Add scent and start using. If you are making shaving soap using a homemade soap, add more soap for better lather.
3. Shaving cream: This would come with excellent lather and do a good cleansing job. To make the cream, add ¼ oz of stearic acid with 2 tbsp of Olive or Almond oil and melt both together. Then, combine with the mixture, 1 cup of hot water, 1 tsp of borax, and 2 tbsp of grated soap. Beat the ingredients in stearic acid and whip till you get a creamy consistency.
4. Hand lotion: This hand lotion is the simplest you can ever make. Maybe you can surprise your guests by gifting them a bottle of this lotion while they visit your place. You will make them happy and as well as earn the name of a good aromatherapist. To make a hand lotion, blend Vegetable Glycerine and Rose Hydrosol in a pretty jar. See to it both are blended well and start using the lotion.
5. Lip balm: Ingredients you will need – 1 oz of Beeswax Beads, 1 oz of Shea Butter, Mango Butter or Virgin Coconut and 1 oz of liquid coconut carrier oil like Jojoba, Kukui, Avocado etc. Use herbal infused oils like Chamomile for skin soothing and add essential oils for Peppermint, Lime etc. If you want to clean your baby’s diaper rash, add Lavender and German Chamomile. For a softer balm, use less beeswax or less liquid oil.
6. Body Powder: To make body powder, mix 15 to 20 drops of your essential oil blend per one ounce of cornstarch and unscented talc.