CBD Products - FREE 2oz HAND SANITIZER - 80% Alcohol - 20,000+ Packaging Items - Boxes - Tape
Latin Name: helichrysum spp.
Alternative Name: everlasting, immortelle
Forms Available: essential oil
Helichrysum -An intense rich scent, some may say strong honey/hay odor with herbaceous note. Among its properties are anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antitussive, astringent, diuretic, expectorant, fungicidal and cicatrisant.
The French used this oil primarily as an anti-inflammatory to regulate cholesterol, stimulate the cells of the liver, and as an antispasmodic. This particular variety has powerful antibruise properties. It’s ideal to use in lymphatic drainage massage, acts as a stimulant for the liver, gall bladder, kidneys and spleen–the organs responsible for detoxifying the body.
Italidone, one of its chemical components, has been found to have strong mucous thinning, expectorant and cicatrisant properties. It is a rejuvenating oil which promotes cell growth, helping to rebuild tissues. Clears the body of candida apparently, which often thrives when vitality is low.
Blend with rosehip seed oil for scar formula or with lemon and geranium for kick-smoking blend. Assists in healing scars, acne, dermatitis, boils and abscesses. Blends well with bergamot, chamomile, geranium, orange and frankincense. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Aromatherapy & Health Uses: Useful for the treatment of rheumatism, herpes, hematoma, varicose ulcers, dermatitis, gingivitis, gout, herpes, bronchitis and goiter. Among its properties are aphrodisiac, stimulating and antiseptic. Avoid during pregnancy.
Thought for the day:
Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made and forgot to put a soul into. -Henry Ward Beecher
- The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy by Kurt Schnaubelt
- The Fragrant Mind: Aromatherapy for Personality, Mind, Mood and Emotion by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Natural Medicine First Aid Remedies: Self-Care Treatments for 100+ Common Conditions by Stephanie Marohn
- The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Julia Lawless
- Helichrysum italicum by Wikipedia
- Helichrysum italicum by The East-West School For Herbal & Aromatic Studies
- Helichrysum italicum by Dr. Christoph Streicher and Sheryll Ryan
- Use the healing properties of Helichrysum essential oil by Natural News.com
- How Helichrysum italicum Essential Oil Can Bring Healing to Your Life by ArticlesFactory.com