Love is an inherent drive to great accomplishments. It animates and ushers joy into our lives. It brings a sense of physical and psychological well-being, easing out even the stressed and troubled mind. To honor your love and your loved one is an act of gentle warmth and affection. Aromatherapy can help you do that in the best way possible.
Essential oils to increase libido: Sometimes we hardly remember the magic of love. We forget the pleasure we derive in the presence of our loved ones. In this maze of routines, 9 to 5 jobs and fast-paced life, we forget the excitement and euphoria that love brings. Aromatherapy can pep up your mood toward love and sensual enjoyment and open up your body and mind to sex. Tapping into your senses, you can reawaken your libido using sensual aromatherapy recipes. Since smell is connected to the limbic system, there is an instant emotional and physical response from your body. This can change your moods and switch your gears from work to play. Some of the essential oils that can be used in aromatherapy are – Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Clove, Jasmine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Patchouli.
You can use these oils in many ways – as incense, in the diffuser, as bath oils, massage oils, as face and body tonics etc. Below are a few aromatherapy tips to reawaken your libido and enjoy private time with that special someone:
1. Sensual Bath: You can use essential oils to prepare an aromatic, sensual bath for the two of you. Bathing relaxes you and sets you in mood for love. For inducing your sense of mischief and playfulness, use 1 drop of Rosemary with 1 drop of Patchouli, 2 drops of Bergamot and 2 drops of Orange. For tuning yourself and your someone into love and romance, add 2 drops of Rose with 4 drops of Sandalwood. This blend contains oils that are aphrodisiacs that work in harmony to induce the masculine and feminine energies in you and your partner.
2. Seduction Lotion: Take an un-perfumed body lotion and add a few drops of your chosen oil to it. Rub on your body slowly and steadily to relax and soothe your tensed muscles. If you want to the lotion to be more seductive, add 3 drops of Orange, 3 drops of Neroli and 1 tbsp of Sweet Almond.
3. Passion Lotion: Love without passion is nothing. To bring in moods of passionate love, combine 2 drops of Bergamot with 1 drop of Black Pepper, 1 drop of Patchouli, 2 drops of Sandalwood and 1 tablespoon of Sweet Almond oil. When used on the body, this lotion will set in a mood of passion and boost your libido energy.
4. Sensual Massaging: Nothing works sensually like a massage. The very act of massaging can make you sensual and in mood for love. To relax and reconnect to your sensual side, use the following aromatherapy massage blends on your body. For softer breasts, massage a blend combined with 1 drop of Ylang Ylang and 1 teaspoon of Sweet Almond. For hand-holding, add 1 drop of Rose to 1 teaspoon of Jojoba oil. To play footsie, add 1 drop of Jasmine with 1 drop of Ylang Ylang and one teaspoon of Jojoba oil.
5. Scent your bedroom: Scent your room with aromatic sensual oils for a romantic and blissful evening. Combine 3 drops of Lavender with 3 drops of Marjoram in an oil burner or diffuser.