Essential oils are not just healing oils, they are fragrant oils too. They have the aromatic potential to scent your life with love, joy and happiness. A waft of Lavender can lull you to sleep, a streak of Rosemary can brighten your mood, while a strain of Peppermint can make you feel enthusiastic and happy about life. Essential oils have strong aromas which cannot be replicated effectively by synthetic or chemical perfumes. Since the intensity of their aromas are highly concentric, their scents last long, more than synthetic aromas. On delving deep, you would understand that it is the aromas or scent of essential oils which brings forth an instant reaction from your brain. This article will provide recipes on how to make fragrant blends using essential oils.
Fragrant essential oil blends: The memory of a scent is far-fetched. It can rise up a whale of emotions, a series of unexpected associations and even conjure up something from your childhood. A fragrance has such power and hence essential oils should not be handled with care. The following blends will invoke, cure and heal a number of emotions (from love to playfulness to fun) and help to attain a state of peace and calm.
1. For your man: The man of your life will surely love this. You can massage it on to him, or if you are a man, do a self-massage. This blend yields a deep, mysterious and masculine scent which is strong and powerful. To make the blend, add 4 drops of Frankincense to 4 drops of Myrrh, 2 drops of Sandalwood and 1 drop of Vanilla. Use the blend in your massage oil preparation for best results.
2. For stunning aroma: This blend idea was created by Jenine Stanley and this yields a stunning, aromatic perfume for daily use. Add 10 drops of Cedarwood to 5 drops of Juniper, 25 drops of Bergamot Mint and 10 drops of Lavender. Mix the ingredients and use Jojoba oil to blend everything well. Use as perfume or pour into diffuser to scent your living space.
3. Sweet diffuser blend: If you are the kind who would use essential oils only in diffusers, you would surely like this. This is a sweet, aromatic blend that has a Florentine streak to it. To make the blend, add 1 drop of Jasmine to 6 drops of Sweet Orange and 3 drops of Patchouli. Combine the ingredients well and use in your diffuser. This would make a huge difference to your home environment and make home sweet and pleasant.
4. Intimacy blend: An intimacy blend that would set you in mood for a romantic evening with your loved one. To prepare this blend, add 6 drops of Rose Absolute (diluted with Jojoba oil) with 6 drops of Sandalwood, 4 drops of Black Pepper, 2 drops of Ginger CO2 and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang. Combine the ingredients well and blend into Jojoba or any other favorite carrier oil of yours. Massage on to the body and tune yourself for a romantic evening.
5. Valentine blend: This is a fragrant blend to pep up your desire for love. To make the blend, add 2 drops of Sandalwood to 2 drops of Ylang Ylang, 1 drop of Jasmine and 1 drop of Black Pepper. Combine the ingredients well and use in your bath water or inhale through a diffuser.