Happiness is the will-o-the-wisp of our lives. The more we pursue it, the less we attain it. At one time, we feel like we have it in us, at another time, there is a complete blackout and life looks grim and sober. Happiness and peacefulness are indeed two important factors that mark our well-being. Success itself is often a measure of happiness and even the most successful find it difficult to stay happy. Essential oils can bring in happiness and joy to the restless minds. Citrus oils are often boosters of the mind and they create a pleasant, happy environment free of worries and problems.
How essential oils can bring joy: Essential oils can be used to make you happy in the most versatile ways. Whether you use them as diffusers, as bath salts, in massage or for inhalation, a few essential oils can pep up your mood and escalate you from a state of sobriety to instant joy and amusement. Some of the few essential oils that can be used to increase your joy:
1. Orange: A perfect anti-gloom oil that can induce a sense of joy and playfulness in you. It is ideal even for couples who want to share a romantic evening.
2. Mandarin: This oil is all about simple fun. It brings with it laughter, humor, child-like energy and playfulness. Inhale the oil and you are in the midst of fun.
3. Grapefruit: You see more fun and happiness in everyday life when you use Grapefruit oil. It enhances your energy, amusement levels and excitement quotient.
4. Lemon: Lemon is all about humor. Add the oil in your bath water for a refreshing bath or enhance your energy, mood and happiness with a whiff of lemon.
5. Lime: If you are all negative or dumped in blues, Lime should be the oil of your choice. Bring humor to yourself and vivify your life by using this oil in a diffuser or bath salt.
Essential oil blends for happiness: Many essential oil blends can help you gain stability and happiness in lives. You can use the below blends in a diffuser, as a massage oil, as a bath salt or in bath water.
Essential oil blends for bliss: Add 2 drops of Bergamot with 1 drop of Jasmine, 1 drop of Rose and 2 drop of Sandalwood. Mix the blend and inhale it or use it in a diffuser at your home. All the people in your home can benefit from this.
Essential oils for joyfulness: To be happy requires skill and confidence. But you can make you mood light with the following blend of essential oils – 2 drops of Basil, 1 drop of Geranium, 3 drops of Melissa and 2 drops of Sandalwood. Mix the ingredients for an aromatic blend.
Essential oils for warmth: Experience a sense of warmth with this essential oil blend. Add 2 drops of Black Pepper to 3 drops of Patchouli, 4 drops of Rosewood and 3 drops of Ylang Ylang. Mix the ingredients well to create a fragrant blend and use in it your diffuser or bath water.
How to use: For diffusing blends, you need to add 20 drops of the chosen blend in your diffuser. For bathing, you need include 15 drops of the blend in your bath oil recipe or 5 drops of the same in lukewarm bath water. For massaging, use 10 drops of the chosen blend in your massage oil recipe. If you wanted to freshen your atmosphere, use 30 drops of the chosen blend in your air freshener recipe.