4 Gallons Vegetable Glycerin (VG) $9.96 per gallon - 32lb Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) $38.16 - Stackable Soap Drying Tray $22.55 - 5lb Organic Shea Butter $9.58
Diffusing essential oils is one of the easiest ways to heal or inhale your desired blend of oils. Diffusers can be made at home or brought in stores and are pretty easy to use. A usual diffuser comprises of a glass tube with a motor at the base and a timer to control the diffusing action. Only diluted essential oil blends are used in diffusers as it is hard for diffusers to break down the fragrant molecules and disperse them into air. Generally, diffusing blends are a combination of more that two oils and the diffusing proportion depends on the notes (top, middle and end) of an essential oil. This article will provide recipes for several diffuser blends that can be diffused everyday at your home or work environment.
Diffuser blends for everyday use: Before you kick start making diffuser blends, you need to know a couple of things. You need to read the manufacturer’s information on safety, contraindications etc. for all oils you plan to use in your blends. Also, do get to know details of the proportion of oils from reputed sources, otherwise you will end messing up with too many recipes that are neither aromatic or useful. Use only nebulizing diffusers for thicker oils like Vetiver, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Benzoin etc. as only they diffuse such oils better.
To start with, try preparing a small blend that does not require much homework. Once you are done with it, use it in a diffuser and see the effect of the aroma and the functioning of a diffuser. Note what is lacking or what could be improved in the oil and work on it. This practice will help you handle even difficult recipes with care. Below are a list of diffuser blends:
1. Lime Blend: This is a refreshing blend with Lime at the helm of aroma operations. To make the blend, use 1 drop of Jasmine, 5 drops of Lime, 3 drops of Sweet Orange, 1 drop of Cinnamon and combine everything well. You can add 20 drops of this blend in your diffuser or include 5 drops in your bath water.
2. Lime-Bergamot Blend: Another Lime blend that keeps you happy and lively always. Combine 10 drops of Lime with 7 drops of Bergamot, 2 drops of Ylang Ylang and 1 drop of Rose and mix everything well. Fill your diffuser with your blend to scent the room.
3. Bergamot Blend: Mix 4 drops of Bergamot to 3 drops of Sandalwood, 1 drop of Jasmine and 2 drops of Grapefruit. This is a healing and therapeutic blend that is good for family health and hygiene.
4. Patchouli Blend: As Patchouli oil is the main ingredient, never forget to use a nebulizing diffuser for this blend. To prepare the blend, add 12 drops of Patchouli to 5 drops of Vanilla, 2 drops of Linden Blossom and 1 drop of Neroli. Combine and shake the ingredients well before using. Don’t forget to clean your diffuser after using as the blend has the tendency to leave a thick residue in the diffuser glass tube.
5. Lavender Blend: Ideal for creating a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Add 5 drops of Lavender to 4 drops of Rosewood and 1 drop of Ylang Ylang. You will create a relaxing atmosphere if you diffuse this blend at your home.
6. Rosemary Blend: This blend is both invigorating and relaxing. Use 5 drops of Rosemary to 3 drops of Lavender, 1 drop of Roman Chamomile and 1 drop of Peppermint. Combine the ingredients well and use in an ordinary diffuser.
7. Sweet Orange: Sweet Orange is the essential oil of love. To create a romantic atmosphere and solve all obstacles or disruptions in a relationship, diffuse this oil in your bedroom or by the poolside. People will open up to conversations and grow romantic on inhaling this blend. To make this, combine 9 drops of Sweet Orange with 5 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Spearmint. This blend will relieve you of physical and mental stress too.